B. Tech. Biotechnology is a four year undergraduate program. Biotechnology is the branch of science which involves amalgamation of biotic systems with Technology in order to improve production and create value addition to industrially significant products such as pharmaceuticals, crops, food and dairy etc.
Biotechnology offers jobs to the undergraduate students in multifarious domains. Program is offering specializations in:
i) Computational Biology: Computational Biology is a field of biological study concerned with solving complex biology and medical issues/problems through computational and mathematical methods.It is a trending course for those with dual interest in biological sciences, vaccine technology, and computer science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Big Data Analysis.
ii) Industrial Biotechnology: Industrial biotechnology is a rapidly growing field that offers far-reaching benefits at both the national and international level. This specialization enables students to develop future-ready skills by equipping them with hands-on-approach along with theoretical knowledge that will improve their employability quotient.
“To be the centre of Eminence in the frontier areas of modern biotechnology and develop world class innovative technocrats who can identify existing problems and formulate solutions to benefit mankind with their outstanding endeavors”.
Programme Specific Outcome
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
• Knowledge of Biotechnological & Computational Tools: Demonstrate the knowledge and understanding of biotechnological and computational tools to identify career in biotech and related industries.
• Interdisciplinary approach: Develop the approach for integration of diverse technologies in order to solve complex technical issues through interdisciplinary skills.
• Higher education preparedness: Demonstrate practical and theoretical knowledge essential for pursuing higher studies.
• Corporate management: Apply the basics of management in biotechnological industries.
• Centre of Excellence established in 2002 with NBA accreditation & AICTE approval.
• Running full time B.Tech. & M.Tech. programs & is an approved centre for AKTU PhD course work.
• Government funded research projects of faculty (SERB,VRPS,AKTU) & students(UPCST) .
• Faculty publications (research & review papers, book chapters, conference articles). .
• State of art research laboratory facilities..
M1. To offer world class education in the field of Biotechnology.
M2. To develop high quality research aptitude.
M3. To inculcate high standards of ethical and professional behavior.
M4. To provide state of the art research facilities which are at par with sophisticated industrial requirements.
M5. To build leaders in domain of Biotechnology who can contribute in advancement of society through potential to innovate and develop unique solutions to existing complexities.
Department of Biotechnology is flourishing in IILM Academy of Higher Learning – College of Engineering and Technology, Greater Noida. The Department holds its roots since 2002 and with all these years had remarkably worked in the field of education. Walking with the ongoing scenario of Biotechnology field, the Department of Biotechnology is growing in the field of education and research.
Gaining knowledge is a never ending process and so is research in the field of Biotechnology. We focus on learning through practicing and Department of Biotechnology here at IILM is working to give all the practical knowledge through its research laboratories. We are standing tall in the field of Education with NBA accreditation along with AICTE approval and AKTU affiliation. Research Laboratories with quality work is our major strength.
Along with learning through practicing, we focus on projects. Students and faculty members both are involved in Research Projects & Collaborations. We are running both B.Tech. & M.Tech. Programs. We are proud to have brilliant students who had been in the University Rank List almost every year. Students are focused in the field of research and make their careers in the research & development divisions of various research institutes and industries. Multiple career opportunities giving a new outlook to the career options in biotechnology is introduced to students focusing on the placement process right from the beginning and ending up every year with an Excellent Placement Record.
Placement is a major concern so we regularly organize Guest Lectures, Workshops and Visits to Research Institutes & Industries keeping students aware about the ongoing scenario of this field. Mentoring, Career counseling and Personality Development are the key areas which we focus apart from conventional learning.
Department is regularly organizing Conferences & Seminars bringing together various eminent personalities from the field of research and industry and giving a platform to students to show their talent. Regular activities are organized for students under IBIOC – IILM Biotech Club activities as well as at college level. Department has a yearly magazine BIOTECH ILLUMINA to make everyone aware about the latest research activities & techniques in the field of biotechnology. The magazine includes news related to recent advances in the field of biotechnology, research papers of original work by faculties & students, student’s projects and departmental activities. A healthy campus environment is given to students with all the facilities including campus hostels.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
– Core Competence: To provide students with a solid foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals required to solve engineering problems and also to pursue for higher studies.
– Breadth: To train students with good scientific and engineering breadth so as to comprehend, analyze design and create novel products and solutions for the real life problems.
– Professionalism: To inculcate in students professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skills, Team work skills, multidisciplinary approach and ability to relate engineering to broader issues and life-long learning needed for successful professional career.