Mr. Vikas Chandra Gupta is currently working as Assistant Professor (Biotechnology) at IILM-CET, Greater Noida. He graduated in Biotechnology engineering with distinction in his M.Tech- Biotechnology (Major in Industrial Waste Management) and B.Tech-Biotechnology (Specialization in Microbial Process Engineering) and is currently pursuing his doctoral studies (from AKTU, Lucknow) on various agricultural biomass for its potential to be used as a feedstock for ethanol production. Apart from his doctoral research Mr. Gupta has also established his industrial research interest in the domain of soilless (Hydroponics) cultivation of pollution-free agriculture produce at the Department of Biotechnology and has been actively working on a various government-funded research project in the hydroponics and lignocellulosic biofuels research domain at present. Mr. Gupta has been appointed as Member (Reviewer) of the editorial board of the Journal of Agricultural Research recently. Along with his academic and research credential he is also involved in various administrative roles such as Coordinator-M.Tech. (BT), Lab I/c-Microbiology and Fermentation Technology, In-charge- NBA-SAR Criterion 6, Member of organizing committee of BIOGENESIS, Member-Disciplinary committee, Techfest, and Sports fest, etc.
Current Research Interest:
1. Lignocellulosic biomass waste conversion into bioethanol
2. Hydroponics as a sustainable means of pollution free agriculture produce
Research Project-PI (Ongoing)
1. Lignocellulosic fermentable sugar concentration enrichment using optimized membrane model system (Funding Agency: AKTU, Lucknow under CRIP-TEQIP III Research Scheme 2019; Grant Amount: Rs. 300000/-)
Co-PI: Dr. Meenu Singh; M.Tech. Students Involved: Pratibha Tiwari, Soumya Srivastva
2. Development of economically viable biofuel solution of Delhi-NCR Stubble (rice straw) burning issues (Funding Agency: CSTUP, Lucknow under Engineering Students Research Grant Scheme 2019-20; Grant Amount: Rs. 20000/-)
Co-PI: Dr. Meenu Singh; B.Tech. Students Involved: Kajal Gupta, Shruti Gupta
Research Project-PI (Completed):
1. Design and development of membrane system for fermentable sugar concentration enrichment from pre-treated rice straw hydrolysate (Funding Agency: CSTUP, Lucknow under Engineering Students Research Grant Scheme 2018-19; Grant Amount: Rs. 20000/-)
Co-PI: Dr. Meenu Singh; B.Tech. Students Involved: Sambhavi Shukla, Shalini Gupta
2. Development of commercial hydroponics set up for industrial effluent treatment using an economical plant with phytoremediation property (Funding Agency: CSTUP, Lucknow under Engineering Students Research Grant Scheme 2018-19; Grant Amount: Rs. 20000/-)
Co-PI: Dr. Meenu Singh; B.Tech. Students Involved: Mohita Chug, Ramsha Hashmi
3. Development of cost effective hydroponics system for pollution free vegetables production (Funding Agency: CSTUP, Lucknow under Engineering Students Research Grant Scheme 2017-18; Grant Amount: Rs. 20000/-)
Co-PI: Dr. Meenu Singh; B.Tech. Students Involved: Nikita Sharma, Shakti kathsuriya
Faculty Development Program (Attended):
1. FDP on “Outcome Based Education and Accreditation” organized by College of Engineering and Technology, IILM, Greater Noida on May 25-29, 2020.
2. FDP on “Agriculture, Food science and Environmental Dynamics Integrating Technology, people and sustainable development” organized by Department of Biotechnology, IILM-CET Greater Noida on July 01-05, 2019.
3. FDP On “Bio-Safety and IPR issues in Bio-Pharma research” organized by Department of Biotechnology, MIET, Meerut on May 21-25, 2018
1. Introduction to Research-IIT Madras-18GE04S1680779
2. Sustainable Engineering Concepts And Life Cycle Analysis-IITKharagpur18CE08S3680728
Research Publications (Journal):
1. Gupta V. C, Singh M, Prasad S., 2019. Comparative Fermentable Sugar Yield from Pretreated Rice Straw by Trichoderma reseei and Aspergillus tamarii Using Plackett–Burman Method. Biosc.Biotech.Res.Comm. 12(4), 092-099.
2. Gupta, V. C., Singh, M., Chugh, M., Marwah, R., & Hashmi, R.2018. Preliminary Studies of Vegetable Plants Growth Index Under Controlled Condition of Soilless System. Trends in Biosciences, 3268-73.
3. Sharma N., Gupta V. C., 2012. Batch Biodegradation of Phenol of Paper and Pulp Effluent by Aspergillus niger. Inetrnational Journal of Chemical Engineering and Application. 3 (3), 182-186.
4. Das M., Gupta V. C., Adholeya A., 2011. Co-composting of physic nut (Jatropha curcas) deoiled cake with rice straw and different animal dung. Bioresource Technology 102, 6541-6546.
Research Publications (Conference Proceedings):
1. Priyanka Yadav, Vikas Chandra Gupta, Vishal Mishra. 2019. Comparative study on biosorption of arsenite ions onto raw and chemcially activated orange peelpowder [Abstract] In: The International Conference on Energy, Environment & Material Sciences (ICE2M-2019); 2019 Dec 01-03; Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology, Gorakhpur.
2. Gupta V.C., Singh M., Tiwari P., Srivastava S. 2019. Current challenges of lignocellulosic waste conversion into sustainable biofuels system [abstract]. In: National Conference on Translational Research in Biotechnology: Current and Future Prospective; 2019 Nov 09; SBT, GBU Greater Noida.
3. Gupta V.C., Singh M., Prasad S., Mishra B.N. 2019. Lignocellulosic fermentable sugar concentration enrichment using optimized membrane model system [abstract]. In: National Conference on Recent Advances in Agriculture, Food Tech and Human Health; 2019 Nov 05-06; SHUATS, Praygraj.
4. Gupta V.C., Singh M., Prasad S. 2018. Comparative fermentable sugar yield analysis from alkali pretreated rice straw by T.reesei and A. tamarii using Plackett–Burman design method. In: National Conference-cum-Industry-Academia meet on “Opportunities and Challenges in Fermentation Based
5. Industrial Processes” (IAMF-2018) / CSIR-IIIM-Jammu, J&K, India, September 13-14,2018.
6. Sharma N., Gupta V. C. 2011. Comparative biodegradation analysis of phenol from paper & pulp industrial effluent by free and immobilized cells of Aspergillus niger. In: 3rd International Conference on Environmental Science and Technology, Chennai, India, March 10-11, 2012.
7. Gupta V. C., Kumar P. 2010. Microbial Fuel Cell: Bioelectric and Need of Clean Environment. In: National Conference on Biotechnology and Environment, Durgapur, West Bengal, India, Oct 04, 2010.
8. Gupta V. C., Adholeya A. 2009. Qulaitative FAME profile analysis of Arbuscular mycorrhizal fungus. In: National Conference on Emerging Paradigm In Biochemical Engineering, IIT BHU, Varansi, India, Oct 09-10, 2009.
Ph.D. (Pursuing from AKTU), M.Tech., B.Tech.
Bioethanol production from lignocellulosic biomass, Industrial effluent treatment
Waste Management, Environmental Biotechnology, Biofuels and Alcohol Technology, Bioreactor Analysis and Design